It is currently May 29th, 2017, 3:53 pm

Welcome
Welcome to the Italian Citizenship Message Board.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Where in Italy...
UNREAD_POSTPosted: February 25th, 2017, 12:11 pm 

Thanks Cheech,
Yes, they need to be in the database. I should have remembered that. My application for dual-citizenship should be mailed to Palermiti, Calabria soon. I have already written to the Ufficio dello Stato Civile office to tell them that it will be sent soon. When I am sure that my application has been mailed, I will write again and ask if anyone in the office knows any Sestito's. I would love to visit the comune some day. When we visited San Sossio Baronia and Pietradefusi, Avellino, everyone seemed to be a Pennacchio or a Manganiello. Awesome. However, I did not speak Italian then, so we could barely communicate. Surprisingly, both of those names had not been misspelled over the years. Thanks for your input.
karenld

UNREAD_POSTPosted: April 8th, 2017, 3:17 am 

My GGGF (from whom I inherited the citizenship) is from Castel del Monte, L'Aquila, Abruzzo. The surname is Sericola, which seems to be a rare surname in Italy but a very common one in Castel del Monte.

His wife, my GGGM, is from Lama dei Peligni.

Then their son married my GGM, who was born in Basciano, Abruzzo.

Not in contact with anyone as they all are such distant relatives to me now, but my great aunts (whose paternal grandparents and mother were all from Italy) may have contact with some people, as they would have second cousins over there.

Consulate: Detroit
Appointment: September 2017

UNREAD_POSTPosted: April 18th, 2017, 10:06 pm 

Chiusano di San Domenico (AV), and Sant'Angelo a Cupolo (BN)

Line: Me<M<GF<GGF
Comune: Chiusano di San Domenico (AV)
Consulate: Consolato Generale d’Italia San Francisco
Appointment: 18 February 2016
Recognized: 17 March 2016

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8