It is currently May 29th, 2017, 12:50 am

Welcome
Welcome to the Italian Citizenship Message Board.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: booking the appointment in London
UNREAD_POSTPosted: April 4th, 2017, 1:08 pm 

Hello -

I now have all my documents and am trying to book my appointments, but Im finding the Prenota thing really confusing.

Ive registered and have my login etc, but Im trying to figure out when is the right time to book. The information on the consular page is scatty and a bit deceptive, so can anyone help me to understand what time im meant to login in to have the most chance of getting an appointment?

Im assuming I go through the Ufficio Cittadinanza link, then just write something like this:

'I would like to book the nearest appointment for citizenship via jure sanguinis.
Thank you'

in the section that says: Note da comunicare alla sede ?

I went in at 7pm tonight (Tuesday, but didnt see anything but red and black dates from 7pm sharp (on the second).

Is there something Im missing?

Is it me or is this a dinosaur of a system?!

Thank you!!!

Report this post

Post subject: Re: booking the appointment in London
UNREAD_POSTPosted: April 23rd, 2017, 9:22 am 

I am experiencing a similar thing in France where the all dates are black for two+ years which seems nuts. Makes me wonder if changes are afoot due to Brexit and the collapse (ha ha) of the United States.

Report this post

UNREAD_POSTPosted: May 18th, 2017, 12:02 pm 

Hi,

I totally understand the difficulty getting appointments in London. In fact I thought that it simply wasn't possible initially when I tried. I learnt to get very fast using an iPad (I was simply too slow using a laptop). I would log on each Monday and Wednesday at least 10 minutes before 7pm as it is on these days and times that the appointments come out on the dot of 7pm. Once I had grasped this I would then frustratingly see the green slots, click on them and be still too slow to confirm them. It was quite a learning curve to remain both calm and super fast. Maybe I was lucky but eventually (after many months of trying) I finally got an appointment (from which I have just returned). I hope this helps a little. Another tip which I didn't know about is that the appointments have to be confirmed between 10-3 days before the appointment date and if they are not confirmed 3 days before they then get re released. I am not exactly certain when this might be but it might be worth logging on exactly 3 days before these days.. I am guessing but I reckon that had I not confirmed my own appointment today that it might have been reissued perhaps on Sunday at 7pm.

I hope that some of this helps and very good luck.

Report this post

UNREAD_POSTPosted: May 21st, 2017, 5:55 am 

Just to clarify in case my post above was misleading. I am not trying to advocate any kind, or make of device to use when booking an appointment on the prenotaonline system for London appointments.

My main point is that it is possible to make an appointment, but it's extremely hard unless you are very quick off the mark the very second that the appointments are released. I found that clicking with a computer mouse took too long and the only way was to use a touch sensitive screen, tapping only once and confirming instantly.

To add to the complexity of the process you have to keep refreshing the screen to update it. So, were you to log on at 6.50pm (for argument's sake on Monday or Wednesday - when the next appointments are released for three months in advance) keep refreshing until the dot of 7pm, and if you should see 3 slots in the next available date. If you were to do this tomorrow (22nd May the next available date will be 22nd August). Keep your finger poised over 22nd August and click as soon as it goes green. I found that the tricky bit was then confirming the date as may other people will be doing exactly the same thing at the same time. Keep calm and rapidly but just once click confirm.

When I went on Thursday I realised that very few people were actually being 'processed' that morning. There was one person before me at 10.15, I was at 11. I didn't notice anyone else being seen about citizenship. Which explains why it's so hard to get an appointment.

The other thing to try is to work out when the appointments that are not confirmed are re released. I don't know for sure but it would be 3 days before the actual appointment date. So, at the time of writing (10th May) there would be appointments coming up on 21, 23 and 30. It's unlikely but possible that someone will cancel for tomorrow so you could check throughout the day today you might end up with an appointment tomorrow. For the 25 and 30 I reckon that unconfirmed appointments would be released at around 7pm on the 22 and 27 (respectively).

I really hope that this is helpful to someone as I found it so hard myself to get an appointment and would like to help those still struggling.

Report this post

UNREAD_POSTPosted: May 22nd, 2017, 1:39 pm 

Yes getting appointments can be very fraut,
However i learnt that once you have had your initial (first appointment) that if you have to "reattend" say because they asked for further info, then you dont need to rebook just attend ask for ticket to see adviser in Citizenship office as you have been asked to reattend with ? and they give you a ticket with number on. BTW take a sandwich/drink/book coz its usualy a long wait.

Documents Submitted-G/Father-Father-Me
Success-YEP - See Application Update Forum

Comune-Scala
Cordiali Saluti
Im a member of AIFH Society

Report this post