It is currently May 29th, 2017, 12:50 am

Welcome
Welcome to the Italian Citizenship Message Board.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Court declaration of “One and the same person” for L.A. ?
UNREAD_POSTPosted: May 18th, 2017, 9:59 pm 

Buongiorno All,

My family of 6 attended our hail Mary appointment for Jure Sanguinis in October. To make a long story short, the L.A. consulate accepted my application as an open case with more documents needed and to be corrected. When the documents are finished I will send the originals plus 5 photocopied packets of everything along with the applications for the other 5 family members and fingers crossed - eventually we will get our citizenship!

But first, between my grandfather and great-grandfather, there are name discrepancies on nearly every document from birth to death that also carry over to their names on my father's documents. After trying every avenue to get them rectified through vital records, Luisa said we need to obtain a court declaration of “One and the same person” for my grandfather and great-grandfather..... :shock: .

I've seen threads on this on the forum as well as researched online, but I'm still confused.

Does anyone have experience with this in California? Also, is it possible to do it out of state? We are in Montana building a house through October?
Any input into the process/paperwork would be so helpful. I don't even know where to begin :|

Grazie mille!

Post subject: Re: Court declaration of “One and the same person” for L.A.
UNREAD_POSTPosted: May 19th, 2017, 7:32 pm 

Theoretically you could have a court in Montana issue the one and the same orders. Simply put you take the documents to the court and explain away the discrepancies to the satisfaction of the court and then the court issues the order. The "how to" details vary by state and court. Check with a local lawyer in Montana to see if it can be done there at an affordable price.

Post subject: Re: Court declaration of “One and the same person” for L.A.
UNREAD_POSTPosted: May 25th, 2017, 3:21 pm 

You don't have to get the order in California. Generally it can be done in any state where jurisdiction can be established. For example I live in Georgia and will be going to the Miami consulate but I hired an attorney in New York to help me. None of my documents are from from New York but the attorney was able to establish jurisdiction there because my GGF came through Ellis Island.

If any of your vital records are from Montana I think it will be easy to establish that a Montana court can do such an order.